Every journey has a beginning. The basic rank for those who were able to read the rules. For security purposes, members of this rank have some posting limitations and cannot join the in-game squadron.
Do not ping anyone to review your submission, it will be processed when possible. If your submission was not processed within 48 hours, you are allowed to contact a staff member about it.
The proof has to be a screenshot, or a video, and has to clearly show the interceptor death explosion, the "bond received" message and other parts of ship UI such as the Ship Health and Radar.
Below are descriptions and requirements of the main progression ranks, which require you to not receive any help from NPCs or players not in your wing, and as such cannot be achieved in AX Conflict Zones. Use of a Ship Launched Fighter piloted by NPC is permitted. When applying for a solo rank you must not be in a wing.
Use of any bugs, exploits, cheats or other methods of killing the interceptor in an unintended way (including gibbing) is forbidden, and such submissions will be rejected.
Weapons listed below are not valid for rank submissions, this is due to balance issues or the weapons being no longer available to obtain.
- Advanced Missile Racks
- Salvation CG Long range Shard cannons
- CG double ammo capacity heatsinks
- Salvation Modified Gauss cannons ('Hammergauss' with Standard and Premium Ammo is bugged in Horizons, so proof of basic ammo is required for ranks to count. Horizons only
In the event of a pilot getting the kill but dying in the process, a kill is valid for a rank only if the Interceptor explodes before your ship does. This does not apply to timed runs.
Speed runs are timed using the in-game clock. Timer starts at the first shot fired and ends when the bond popup occurs. As such, the in-game clock must be visible when the first shot is fired, as well as when the bond pops up.
HUD must be turned off or external camera enabled before the first shot is fired, and it must remain that way until after the Interceptor has exploded. Bond popup and Ship Radar are not required for this rank.
All Duo Rank submissions must show both participants are actively inside the instance when the Interceptor dies. Multi-Crew DOES count for duo/wing ranks.
When submitting a proof for a wing kill, make sure to @ping all of the other participants in tea-and-medals.
Teamwork makes the dream work.
- Kill any Interceptor variant in wing of 3 or 4 people.
Low start, high goals.
- Kill a Cyclops variant Interceptor in wing of exactly 2 people.
The first step towards mastery of AX combat. This rank has some small benefits to it, like being able to embed links and attach files. Events and operations may require this rank to be allowed to participate. Members of this rank can apply for the in-game squadron (details in the #about channel).
- Kill a Cyclops variant Interceptor solo (alone).
First proper challenge for a wing.
- Kill a Basilisk variant Interceptor in wing of exactly 2 people.
A major step-up in difficulty.
- Kill a Basilisk variant Interceptor solo (alone).
Less is also not always more.
- Kill a Medusa variant Interceptor in wing of exactly 2 people.
Penultimate step towards the mastery of solo AX combat.
- Kill a Medusa variant Interceptor solo (alone).
Getting closer to the top.
- Kill a Hydra variant Interceptor in wing of exactly 2 people.
Not for the faint of heart. This rank requires a continuous video recording of at least 2 last hearts as proof, though the full recording is preferable.
- Kill a Hydra variant Interceptor solo (alone).
An exceptionally challenging achievement where you must demonstrate mastership over all aspects of AX combat.
Achieve all of the following challenge ranks.
- The Swarm: Prove you can work with others
- Hephaestus Shunned: Prove engineering is optional
- Cerberus Bane: Prove that you can handle multigoids
- Astraea's Clarity: Prove you can make your shots count
- Snake Eater: Prove that you dont need Guardian Tech
- Soaring Sleipnir: Prove you can handle without the HUD
- 100% Club: Prove you can avoid incoming damage, while still dealing damage
- Myrmidon: Prove that you can handle time pressure
- Vanguard: Prove you can handle a tougher-than-progression fight
- Kill a Medusa in a wing of up to 4 haulers, or in a wing of exactly 2 sidewinders, or in a mixed wing of exactly 1 sidewinder and up to 2 haulers, using only basic ammo
- Video evidence (which must also show use of basic ammo) is required from all participants for rank eligibility.
Notes: Leaving the instance to repair/rearm is NOT allowed. To be eligible for the rank, you must survive the fight, and remain in the instance, start to finish; should one or more CMDRs die, the remaining CMDRs are still eligible to finish the fight and claim the rank (if they manage.)
Let your skill, not your ship, carry you
- Destroy a Medusa interceptor (or higher) while solo, using a ship with no engineering whatsoever.
- Requires having the rank @collector
- Video evidence must include right-panel scroll to show no engineering on ship modules.
Note: Pre-engineered modules do NOT count as unengineered (and thus are not allowed); the latter includes the modified guardian weapons, which explicitly are not allowed. Unmodified guardian weapons and guardian modules (incl. PD, PP, GHRP, GMRP, GSRP) are allowed. Premium ammo is allowed (though not required to do the fight.).
Outnumbered, but never outgunned.
Destroy any combination of Interceptors worth at least 6 points solo (alone), in one fight, where:
- Cyclops is worth 1 point
- Basilisk is worth 2 points
- Medusa and Hydra are worth 4 points
Getting help from a second pilot to create the Multigoid instance is allowed for this challenge as long as that pilot leaves the instance before the Thargoids are engaged!
One Shot, One Kill.
- Kill a Medusa variant Interceptor solo (alone), spending only 175 (or less) Gauss Rounds in the process, using 3 Medium Gauss Cannons (or fewer).
- Basic ammo only
- The only allowed source of hull damage for the Interceptor are your Gauss Cannons. (No ramming, no SLFs, no using human weapons to chip at the hull...)
- Video Evidence must include sufficient proof of ammo expended.
Doing it the old way.
- Kill a Basilisk (or harder) variant Interceptor solo (alone), without using any of the guardian technology.
- No Gauss, no GMRPs, no nothing.
- Use of SLFs, Advanced Multi-cannons/Missiles, and standard/premium synthesis is also prohibited. The proof must clearly showcase all of the ship's modules.
lose HUD, gain skill.
- Kill a Medusa (or harder) variant Interceptor solo (alone), with your ship's HUD turned off, or using external camera, throughout the whole fight.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a Gauss Cannon.
- Kill a Basilisk (or harder) variant Interceptor solo (alone), without taking any damage (your ship's UI has to show 100% integrity).
- Use of Repair and Decontamination Limpets is forbidden.
Fast and furious.
Awarded to pilots who can achieve a solo Medusa kill in under one of the following time requirements:
- 24’00’’000’’’ - Small Ship
- 12’00’’000’’’ - Medium Ship
- 6’00’’000’’’ - Large Ship
Applications to be submitted using the /speedrun command in any channel. Strictly no gibbing.
For those who push the boundaries of the possible.
- Refine your skills to near perfection and achieve a kill fit for the Vanguard Scoring System: Click here for Vanguard Score System
- Must have the Collector rank
This will require you to choose a ship and kill enough Thargoids in a single fight to earn a score equal to, or greater than, the requirement for that specific ship.
Achieving peak performance.
- Awarded to the top pilot of each speedrunning leaderboard category (Small, Medium, Large / Basilisk, Medusa, Hydra).
- Applications to be submitted using the /speedrun command in any channel.
- Strictly no gibbing.
Check out the Leaderboards.
For those who go beyond. This rank is a true test of a pilot's abilities, based on a composite ammo usage, total damage taken, and time taken scale. Use a Chieftain and any combination of Gauss cannons to defeat a Medusa.
- Score your fight using the /ace bot command. The top 10 CMDRs will hold the @Ace rank. This is a competitive system and you can lose this rank should someone push you out of the Top 10.
- Ensure the in-game timer is visible when the first shot is fired and also when the bond popup occurs.
- Ensure video includes shots of the gauss count in the modules window.
- Basic Ammo only
More details about how this rank works Here
Check out the Leaderboards.
- First screenshot has to show the start of the fight, just after the progress bar appears.
- Second has to show the bonus vouchers being awarded after completing the scout wave (100k credits).
- Third has to show the bonus vouchers being awarded after completing the "Eliminate Thargoid Threat" objective (5 mil credits).
- Last screenshot (for Defender only) has to show the bonus vouchers being awarded after killing the Hydra at the end (10 mil credits).
- Full video proof is required for Annihilator
You gotta be kidding me.
- Complete a full run of AX Conflict Zone solo (alone), including killing the Hydra at the end.
- A full video recording is required to apply for this rank.
One man army.
- Complete a full run of AX Conflict Zone, from beginning to end, excluding the hydra at the end, alone (solo). Leaving for refuel/repair/restock is NOT allowed.
Protecting the innocent.
- Complete a full run of AX Conflict Zone, from beginning to end, including killing the hydra at the end, in a wing of up to 4 people. Leaving for refuel/repair/restock is allowed, as long as you are in the instance for all of the progression milestones.
Passing on the knowledge.
- One of our most prestigious ranks - Mentor signifies mastery of AX combat as well as the willingness to help others who are still on their journey. There is a limited number of Mentorships available. Requires you to demonstrate your commitment, knowledge and ability to teach others. This is a voluntary role, you may request it from a staff member. Staff reserve the right to reject applications.
- A token of appreciation awarded to former Mentors, recognition for the efforts they put in training our Recruits.
Seen it all, done it all. Requires obtaining:
- Apollo's Wrath
- Sole Survivor
- Serpent's Nemesis
- And finally a Herculean Warrior (Duo Hydra) with an existing Collector or Staff Member.
Champions above all. Awarded to those who excel in competitive events and races.
- Awarded at the Overseers' discretion, typically for special events
Herding cats is hard, even for them.
- This rank is awarded for participating in our AX events.
Those of old will not be forgotten.
- This is a legacy rank awarded to pilots who achieved various ranks before they were reworked into their current forms.
Dropping meta-alloys? Seriously?
- Was awarded to those who participated in The Second Labor operation (took place during the Gnosis Incident), in the Witch Head Offensive, and select Xeno-research events run by staff.
- May come back if developers provide us with another suitable opportunity.
Even in a galaxy full of dangerous xenos, man is still the most devious foe.
- Requires you to kill an aggressive Xeno-Sympathizer that is disrupting our mission. Those who do not attack us are to be left alone. For proof you have to submit both proof of kill as well as the proof of targets aggressive actions against AXI members on duty. Individual arguments, ganks against random people and pre-arranged duels do not count. Be responsible.
A journey into unknown.
- Awarded to those who participate in our exploration events.
In dedication to the legend.
Commander John Jameson can be considered the first AX hunter. He fought during the First Thargoid War and played an instrumental role in ending it, saving uncountable lives. Some may wish to undertake a pilgrimage of sorts, to the place of his demise and discover the story first-hand. For this rank we require you to bring an Guardian Relic, a Thargoid Link, and a Damaged Escape Pod to John Jameson's crash site and provide a screenshot of all of them laid out next to his ship.
Proven supporter of the Anti-Xeno Initiative's efforts to maintain a foothold in the frontlines of the Thargoid-Human war. Complete 100 missions for the Anti-Xeno Initiative or Xeno Research Group minor faction within 30 days. Requires verified Inara account. Before carrying out the missions, please contact Staff for guidance and check #standing-bgs-orders.
Requirements: Complete a Spec-Ops mission with another BGS Operator or Staff Member. Only available to Anti-Xeno Initiative In-Game Squadron members. Awarded by Overseer level approval only. Prerequisites: @BGS Loyalist
Defending the Xeno?! Conspirators are known Thargoid allies, and have severely restricted access to our server. Given to pilots who engage AX pilots partaking in AX activities. (You cannot request this rank). Conspirators have a chance to redeem themselves by performing a new Thargoid kill of their current highest solo rank (or a Cyclops if they have no rank).
Forging alliances. Ambassadors are representatives/leaders of other player groups who wish to engage in diplomacy with AXI.